Gathering Location Poll

Another Wonderful Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders is in the History Books.
Read all about it here!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Would you prefer that we continue to have the Gathering at Hales Bar or move to a new location.

Poll ended at Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:32 am

Remain at Hales Bar Marina
11%
Find a New Location
89%

Total votes: 18

gaffrig24

Re: Gathering Location Poll

Post by gaffrig24 »

Most of the cabins have been renovated since last year. New mattresses and furniture, paint and decor. I think y'all will appreciate the effort. The party dock is moved but we have party docks at the marina and I've been voted the unofficial mayor of the marina, I'll get you in. We have seating for 10 at Pirates Cove and lots of standing room on the rail. Cabin folks always come by to ask if the bar is open. Its a cool spot. Theres still work to be done here but its slowly getting better.
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

kens

Post by kens »

With a firm statement on this forum of 'no politics' it seems the 'mayor' should recuse from the polling. This would be a political conflict of interest, no? :?: :idea:
Oak..........the juice ain't worth the squeeze :D :shock: :o :)

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

After being here yesterday and today I changed my vote from staying to trying a new place. Capt. Keith admittedly has a really sweet setup and his bar area is awesome. I can see why he likes it here. However, the docks are in terrible shape and it doesn't really seem to me like much has been done to the cabins. The place overall is in MUCH worse condition than last year. If it was just the cabins being tired I could probably live with that. But the best thing about this place was hanging on the docks and in their present condition I don't see that as being a strength of this place anymore.

From hearing what Ken is describing at Blue Water it just seems like a way more comfortable place. It's also less expensive, and I'll let him report on that but he has me sold on the place.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

kens

Post by kens »

I'm not trying to sell the new place.
But I am certainly tired of the old one.
Oak..........the juice ain't worth the squeeze :D :shock: :o :)

Return to “Gathering 2020”