Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Robert Reinach

Post by Robert Reinach »

I am very fortunate to be the new owner of the Glen L. Tiny Titan 8’ three point hydroplane boat built in 1980.
My plan is to power it with a 9.9 HP 2021 Suzuki remote that can either output 15 or 20 HP by changing out the baffle in the intake track.
Another Tiny Titan owner’s son added an 1/8” thick aluminum hydroplane to the cavitation plate of their outboard with the good result of improved getting on/off plane ease/stability.
Adler was the builder’s name.
Might I have the dimension’s of the triangle to make my own?
The aluminum hydrofoil rides 3/4” above the water on plane.
I would really be interested in other Tiny Titan boat owner’s thoughts on powering and weight trim ideas.
I live in Poulsbo, WA.
Any one in the Pacific NW know of an event for this fun boat hereabouts?
Thanks!
Roberta

Re: New member

Post by Roberta »

Welcome aboard and enjoy your new ride. Post pictures.

Roberta 😊 😊 😊 😊
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".
Robert Reinach

Post by Robert Reinach »

Thanks !
I will post pictures of Tsunami the Tiny Titan that I will design a comfy wedge back support for, as well as having my knees on a 2” thick layer of memory foam ( a car back support cushion repurposed ).
At 76, I am likely among the more senior 8’ three point hydroplane race boat crowd, so comfort is a good thing.
Of course choosing glass smooth water days in the early morning makes abundant sense, too.
Any folks experience using an aluminum hydroplane of 1/8” thickness attached to the cavitation plate of the outboard would be of huge help.
The Adler posting with impressive photo recommended the aluminum hydroplane be 3/4” above the water on plane.
But I am reading posts that recommend the cavitation plate is best at hull level, so input on optimal outboard mounting position would be a big help.
One TNT builder mounted the 3 gallon gas tank on the fore deck. Given I am over the ideal maximal weight of 175 lbs by 15 lbs, and the Suzuki 4cycle outboard I have in mind weighs 110 lbs, having the weight of 30 lbs of tank/gas to help with optimal trim seems like a good plan.
Any input on this question would be most welcomed!
Thanks.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Welcome!
Tahoe 21' - under construction

LeClaire, IA - Birthplace of "Buffalo" Bill Cody and home of the American Pickers on The History Channel
Robert Reinach

Post by Robert Reinach »

I saw that Roberta built a Super Spartan and wondered what outboard was used and what the learning curve on feeling at ease in this larger scale than my Tiny Titan,three point hydroplane Glenn L. Witt design.

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”