portable toilletes

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

catbert

portable toilletes

Post by catbert »

where do you guys get portable toilletes from? I was just wondering.

RobB

Hmmm

Post by RobB »

:shock: Well first you look for a stand of trees or large bushes, then handle your business. Next take your handy dandy camping shovel and gingerly scoop the poop. Then place said material in a sealable bag. ( In extreme situations you may use a brown paper bag but note the disposal proceedures are different. In this case you put it on a mean persons porch light it on fire, ring the bell and RUN :!: )
Now take sealed baggie and dispose of it in a sanitary and legal method.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Really though there are ads in wooden boat mag. and you may even ck out some camping supply stores. Not positive but I think the small ones are very similar to what is used on a boat. :D :D
If you don't start heading that way today, tommorrow you won't be any closer to your destination.

catbert

Post by catbert »

so the boat toilletes are different from other types?

John Bowen

Post by John Bowen »

One day.

terrymc

Post by terrymc »

IMHO, any boat that has an inclosed (private) should have a marine head. My "professional" 27 ft cuddy has a "sani-pottie" - you can get exactly the same thing at any RV supply house.

Funny story: Regal Boats, the manufacturer of my "big" boat, ran a contest a couple of years ago for the cleverest boat name. The name that won was on a 25 ft sportfisher, and the name was "Valcan II". Why was this the winner? There never was a "Valcan I". Seems the owner's wife was named Valerie, and they previously had a open boat without a head. When he had to take a leak he just let go over the side, but Valerie couldn't do that. The new boat had an enclosed head, so now, "Val can too"!

Peace,

TRM

GregH

Post by GregH »

I think you need to check local laws for what you can do where you live or will be boating.

As I understand it up here in Ontario.. we can use "portable" toilets, but they have to be permantly installed and have a pump-out hose to a deck fitting. only allowed to pump out at legal marine pumpout lcoations. Thus a holding tank as we cannot dispose of any blackwater overboard any distance from land in the fresh water lakes. Portables have a built in tank.

On a tanzer 22 here that I use, this is what we have done. So it doesn't have to be a marine toilet per se. but there are local requirements to follow.

cheers
Greg
I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Cec

Post by Cec »

Most areas are now in NDZs and some won't allow a Porta-anything. Check local regs. Most areas will allow it but they have to be fitted for pumpout. My 79 Century crusier came with a very expensive (back then) mascerator type that then ran overboard. I can't use it anywhere and I'm not sure I want that 45 Amp hogging beast on my electrical system anyway. So I'm loking at one of the Sani-Potties mentioned above with an MSD rating and attached to a holding tank where my sink water will also flow, to be pumped out later.
Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.

Return to “Miscellaneous”