best size for garage to build a bo-jest?

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

slartibartfast

best size for garage to build a bo-jest?

Post by slartibartfast »

here's my situation, i'm have two wants as far as project goes, one is a home built boat. which is what i am leaning towards, or my second love of old vw bugs. i will probably build the boat, just becuase my great graddad used to build boats. don't know if anyone has ever heard of carlsen craft or not, but that was my ggd's company. but i can't have either one till i build a garage, per my wifes orders, my question is this, i want to build a bo-jest, but need to get some ideas on if i build a 14'x24' garage if it will be big enough for the build and storage of finished boat, door will be 10' roll up door. any suggestions will be most helpfull
thank you.
Last edited by slartibartfast on Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flipper

Post by Flipper »

You may want an extra ten feet with a boatbuilding project. I was a little cramped building a 19 footer in a 25 foot garage. Remember, you may want to actually use the garage while construction is under way. You have a patient and understanding wife if she is cool with all this time spent IN the garage!

slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

yes my wife is very understanding, as long as the kids can be involved in the project, which i was planning anyway. but the garage will sritckly be for my workshop.

Scott C

Post by Scott C »

I'm really sorry that I can't answer any of your questions directly - Just remember that the answer is 42 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8)
Scotty

Stoker: Tug boat AT 2700 'Joe Mann'
I used to have a handle on life ................. but then it broke off.

slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

the qustion is how many roads must a man walk down? atleast thats the one i like

Graham Knight

Post by Graham Knight »

Aha, a VW fan and obviously into H2G2 as well, you do meet the best people on this forum!
Graham in Shepperton, England

Good, Quick, Cheap, pick any two.

Return to “Miscellaneous”