THRASHING, GOT TO LOVE IT.

Smith Brother

THRASHING, GOT TO LOVE IT.

Post by Smith Brother »

Don't you just LOVE to thrash? I guess over the years I have learned one thing about myself, and that is, I must like being backed into a corner so as to fight myself out. :wink:

Back to THRASHING. :lol:

Dale in Indy
I AM ALWAYS DOING THAT WHICH I CANNOT DO, IN ORDER TO LEARN HOW TO DO IT. ~ Pablo Picasso 1881 - 1973
leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Don't you do that with a rake and some wheat or something?

Steve
Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother »

YEP, and they are both hard work. Thrashing with a SCYTHE was work, and today's youth has no idea such a tool was around. It was all in HOW YOU SWUNG and PULLED THE SCYTHE. FLUID MOTION and DRAWING THE BLADE or SLICING THE WHEAT WAS THE PROPER WAY. Speed had NOTHING to do with how it worked.

My thrashing is of a different kind. I hate thrashing, but one needs to do such in order to catch up now and then.

Fun in good.

Dale in Indy
I AM ALWAYS DOING THAT WHICH I CANNOT DO, IN ORDER TO LEARN HOW TO DO IT. ~ Pablo Picasso 1881 - 1973
leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Dale,

That brings back a wicked good memory !! I used to play at my grandmothers house after I walked home from school, would go hornpout fishing or try to hand catch pickerel...one day I saw her Scythe hanging in the barn and I walked across the street to try my hand at it...i beat the hell out of that hay and never cut a piece !!! ...then she (My grandfather had long since passed away) saw me and walked over and showed me how to use it...more graceful than anything I had seen before... thanks for the memory!

Steve

Return to “Gathering 2007”