2008 Gathering

kens

Post by kens »

you let the cabins to First come, First serve. That is the diplomatic way Steve.
Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Ken,

That's a GREAT IDEA! :D As long as, I COME FIRST :!: :lol:

I love TEAMWORK :!: :lol:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build
Bill E

Post by Bill E »

upspirate wrote:Hey Bill,looking forward to seeing you again in Oct.

Did they use MOJO to marinate the pig??I've gotten to really dig Mojo & use it all the time.We Love Cuban food.

Good luck with the room thing
Hey - I think October is going to be upon many of us before we know it! If my workload keeps up like this (mixed blessing, right?), I might be pushing to get MY boat ready by then. Man, I hope it's not that long....

Yes, Hector's cookout included mojo sauce, but more as a dipping/side sauce. I don't think they marinated the pig at all, but it was incredibly juicy & tender. Good stuff, that.

-wte
Bill Eason -- Atlanta, GA
Got my Malahini plans Christmas 2007! (The book arrived Jan 3...)
Found the 1957 Thompson Sea Lancer Jan 9... :-/ Bought it Jan 21!
leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

UPS...when did you reserve your cabin ??? I better call her and make sure she saved all of the lakefronts for me as I had asked..hmmm...I have a confirmation letter here somewhere !

Steve
upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Steve,I reserved& got a conf # last fall or winter as soon as the dates were announced..I called yesterday to make sure I had a reservation before I posted that
BruceDow

Post by BruceDow »

I also have one reserved directly with the Park (and confirmed).
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project
Gary McCusker

Post by Gary McCusker »

Hello Everyone!!!! Hope all is well. Spring still has not come to this part of Ky and the fish are not bitting. McCusker
leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

McClusker why don't you just "pipe" them aboard !!! :lol: :o :wink: :roll:

Just get out there in the middle and start blowing on those bag pipes and see what happens...don't bother with the "here fishy fishy fishy..." I've already tried it and it doesnt work !! :lol:

Steve
upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Steve,
Fishing with bagpipes is like fishing with dynamite,plus it's illegal too!!!! :shock: :wink:
leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Yeah, the poor little fishys come flying out of the water with their little fins covering their little ears !!

Steve :lol:

Bagpipes are bad, bagpipes with a New york accent are mega bad !
Brian Eager

Post by Brian Eager »

Question: what's the difference between bagpipes and a trampoline?

Answer: you take your shoes off to jump on a trampoline!
Noah was a first-time boatbuilder
Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

KenS just through out the shot about planing. I think it might be early. But, do we want to do breakfast ourselves or just leave it to the lodge?

Personally, I thought it was another chance to be together. The real Maple Syrup and the personal touch was part of it.
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build
kens

Post by kens »

Bill Edmundson wrote: The real Maple Syrup and the personal touch was part of it.
Hey Bill:
Are you hinting at a Canadian Breakfast?
Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Me :?: :?: :roll:

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build
leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Here is the deal: Here is the E-mail I received from Guntersville today:

Hey Steve,

This is a confirmation of the cottages you have booked for the dates of October 24 and 25, 2008. You have 12 cottages reserved and your group code is CGGLEN. A contract will be on its way to you soon in an email from Shannon Woods.

Per our conversation today, we booked 2 of the cabins - one for Bill Edmondson and one for Gayle. The confirmation number for Bill is 214074. The confirmation for Gayle is 214097. This one is actually in your name since I did not have Gayle's last name. When you call with the information we need for Bill, you will want to take care of this one as well. You can also email the information. We need credit card numbers for each however and I would not recommend that you email that information. I would definitely call with the CC#s.

I will be out of the office on Tuesday this week but will return Wednesday. Should you need to call with any of the above info, you may call Shannon at 256-505-6602 and he will take care of you.

We look forward to seeing you guys soon! Have a great week!!

Patty Tucker
Lake Guntersville State Park
Convention Sales Manager
256-505-6601
patty@guntersvillestatepark.com

Kind words can be short and
easy to speak, but their echoes
are truly endless. Mother Teresa

>>>>>>>>>> OKay...so here is the scoop:

There are only about FIVE count em...5, yes I said five ! Cabins remaining. As it worked out they (Guntersville staff) released a few of the cabins that I had reserved to people who called in and said they were with Glen-L. One is Bruce Dow, the other is Ken Schlotski..and I think there was one other. Which is OKAY...as long as they went to Glen-L'ers. I had a total of twelve.

so as it stands now:

I have one
I have one with Gayle (John I will talk to you about that later :oops: )
I have one for Bill Edmunson
Bruce Dow has one
Ken has one
Someone else has one I believe

So, it is FIRST COME FIRST SERVE !!!

To Bill/Lola and John/Gayle if you could call Gunterville asap and give them your CC info...they are holding cabins for you. Bruce and Ken are all set.

Now, for those of you who do not end up with cabins: The lodge is complete. There are plenty of assorted rooms right now. You can haul your boat up to the top of the hill there is parking and hookups for the boats at the lodge. Three meals a day are served etc...(Maybe next year we can talk about a "Glen-L Convention" of sorts at the Lodge)

Any questions give me a shout.

Thanks

Steve

Bill..your confirmation number is in the letter above
Gayle (John) your confirmation number is in the letter above (OH..and Gayle, sweetie, your last name is Sawtelle...just coincidence !!!)

Remember...First come First Serve...make em now !!

Has anyone heard from Dave lately ?

Return to “Gathering 2008”