Let's make commitments for Guntersville 07

narduccimarine

Post by narduccimarine »

Absolutely, 'Plum Crazy' will not be finished. I am, however going to make it presentable as a 'work in progress'. I told my wife the other night, as I was sanding with one hand, Miller light in the other, they better bring their 'A' game, this is going to be 'so fine, Clark'. (sorry, Hollywood Knights sub reference)
And we will be bringing the Checkmate and maybe the Donzi also. Son, Daughters and their others will be there so we need boats to ride in.
It appears the list is growing. I may need to double the recipe for the Jambalaya. Maybe I'll make 2 batches, one for the timid and one for the professionals. You know , as one Cajun told me years ago... " this is so good, after you eat it, you can S___ through a screen door without touching the wire ".
I cant wait, I am fired up for this.
Bill, bring your Key West stories because 2 weeks later , the boss and I are heading that way
Bob
I just don't understand, I cut that plank twice and its still too short
http://www.narduccimarine.freehosting.net

kens

Post by kens »

Well it looks like several of us are bringing our "work in progress".
Since there is already plans for some awards/trophies, what about an award for the Ruby Goldberg presentation of the best 'Work in Progress'

We could have fun with this one. Since Barto is bringing his, all that is left for a guy like me might be the 'Goldberg Award'

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

I'll bet Butch has some things he would rather us not see! It is a beautiful boat! Don't get me wrong!

I would bet, we all have skeletons to hide.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

BruceDow

Post by BruceDow »

We all have Skeletons to hide... those of us bringing "work in progress" boats, just won't have had the opportunity to hide them all yet.

It will be humbling. But good.

B.

PS. Is Ruby Goldberg any relation to Rube?
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:31 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Dave was committing Miss Connie to Chili.
Jambalaya, by Bob Londress
Chili/Jambalaya/Beer/Cool Weather! It don't get no better than that!
Sausage, Peppers and Onions, by Gary McClusker

Lauren wants me to do Jerk Chicken. So, it's tasting good already.

The list:

Dave & Connie Grason
Bill & Lauren Edmundson
Steve (Leakcheck)
Kens
Warren W
JohnK
Gayle and John Brantuk
Barry & Anke Witt
Bob & Sue Londress (narduccimarine)
Lamar & Karen Summerlin (Friends of mine who want to build)
Warren (upspirate) & Debbie
Bruce Dow
Paul Kane (Mr. Hot Rod)
Dave Metzker
Oyster & Wife
Falcon
John Bowen & a Friend
Ray Macke
Jimmy70 & ?Spouse maybe.
Gary McCusker
Jeff & Melanie (BayuoBengal)
Butch Barto And Friends
Dwain Coltin
Bill E
Bud_Wilson

Dale, Are you still in?

Anybody Else?

We want get a better idea.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Sorry, I haven't been diligent lately on keeping up with this list lately.

I may have missed somebody. But, You are Welcome!

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother »

Bill, I just sent you a PM so keep an eye out for such. I know you will.

Thanks Bill,

Dale Smith
Indy :)
I AM ALWAYS DOING THAT WHICH I CANNOT DO, IN ORDER TO LEARN HOW TO DO IT. ~ Pablo Picasso 1881 - 1973

kens

Post by kens »

"Sure would be NEAT if LOTS of Boaters would sign up for a FORTHCOMING GATHERING, don't you think?"

At the very beginning of the Gathering postings, there was discussion about the time of year to have it, some folks wanted to do the watersports, skiing, tubing, etc. The time of year for fall colors was voted on for the 1st Gathering, and it was mentioned at that time to discuss the 2nd Gathering when we are all together the first time.

John Bowen

Post by John Bowen »

Slow down mun. Lets get through the first, first.

Mr. Dale Smith from Indy. How's the weather been?
One day.

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother »

Got to LOVE that John, don't take me wrong John, love to kid you, my friend.

Well, this summer has been DRY, and DRY, HOT, and MORE HOT.

We went on Daylite savings time here in Indiana for the FIRST time, and such has been good for those that like more time to play outside after work. I like it but drive in theaters DON'T. Yes, there are a few still around.

We are well, and have been flipping houses, so to busy.

Dale in Indy :D

God Bless Wally Parks, his family and the thousands of fans that loved him. May he rest in peace, FOR SURE.
I AM ALWAYS DOING THAT WHICH I CANNOT DO, IN ORDER TO LEARN HOW TO DO IT. ~ Pablo Picasso 1881 - 1973

John Bowen

Post by John Bowen »

Smith Brother wrote: We are well, and have been flipping houses, so to busy.
So, I take it that ya haven't filped (rolled-over) that Ski King, yet :roll:
Think ya might make it to the gathering, anyway?
One day.

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother »

John baby, it's a SEA KNIGHT. YOU, is the SEA KING! Two weeks ago you couldn't even spell SEA KING, and now you are one.

If a couple things fall into place we will bring our 78 inch 3 H. P., 1956 I.O. Mechanics Illustrated boat. It is about finished, (I have restored it), just need to spray hull, and put back together. I have a copy of the original print out from the magizine on how it was built from their plans.

I will be bringing my bride of 47 years. I looked her straight in her eyes on OCTOBER 1ST. 1960, and said, YES DEAR, YES DEAR, and still say YES DEAR. Sharon loves people and keeps me in line. She is a great cook as well. I bet you don't care about that though, hehehe.

This is the plan we are shooting for. I would love to meet you all, even you John, GOT TO LOVE THAT JOHN.

We will keep in touch.

Dale in Indy :D

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Dale, and all the great people coming. Damn, As good as it gets.

You are all friends! Even Leakcheck. :shock: Oops :!: I take that BACK!

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

"Hate me if you want to, Love me if you can !"

Steeve

Bill almost slipped up there !..I almost made the list !..shoot...do you realize how fast Guntersville is coming up? I just hauled the tug out of the lake it looks like crap, broke the bunk board (or whatever you call them) on the3 trailer doing so...have to register the trailer, register the boat...or maybe they wont fine me anyway...oh I am so far behind !

Steve

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Leakcheck....put a number on the side & tell them it's a race boat being used for practice...you don't need to have a race boat registered!!!

Electric races!!!! :idea: :roll: :shock: :twisted:

Return to “Gathering 2007”