Kidyak

Canoes, Kayaks, Pedal power

Moderator: BruceDow

garrech

Kidyak

Post by garrech »

I have a question about the chine. In the book there are diagrams of chine intersections that show the side sitting on top of the bottom. However, the bulkheads of the Kidyak extend out to the edge of the bottom, seeming to indicate that the sides come down beside the bottom so that the bottom fits within the sides. Or at least so that the inside corner of the side meets the top corner of the bottom.

Does anyone know which way it is supposed to be? The instructions for the deck assembly clearly state that the deck fits down within the sides, but they aren't so clear on the bottom. Thanks!

John Bowen

Post by John Bowen »

Gerrech, I'd like to hear the answer to your question myself. Send Barry an E, you'll get a quick respones from him. Let us know what he has to say.

I've looked at the model pic's that Allyn built and I'm not sure. The pic's just aren't that clear. I think the process would be the same as the bow and stern?
One day.

garrech

Post by garrech »

John Bowen wrote:Send Barry an E
Done. I'll let you know what he says.

garrech

Post by garrech »

John, sorry for the long delay in responding...I've been out of the country on a mission trip, then on vacation, with a few busy weeks of work thrown in as well.

Barry referred me to a diagram in the instructions. It is supposed to meet corner to corner, both of them rounded by sanding. He also said that the bulkheads may be too large and need to be trimmed a little bit to make it work.

John Bowen

Post by John Bowen »

Let us know how it all turns out. Post some pic's here when ya get a chance.

(What!!! :shock: Vacation in the middle of a build!!!) :wink:
One day.

Return to “Human Power”